The British League are seeking a press officer to manage the report writing of JBL competition in the 2016/17 season.
Commitment: 2 weekends
Location: Derby Arena, Derbyshire.
Salary: Voluntary role (Travel expenses, accommodation* and meal allowance covered)
Background: The British League is the premier table tennis club competition in the British Isles, consisting of over 200 teams from clubs across England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and the Channel Islands. The Junior British League (JBL) is the largest single event governed by Table Tennis England, boasting 76 teams and 37 competition tables. Several tiered divisions, for both boys and girls teams, including a Premier Divison, makes up the JBL structure. The remainder of the British League landscape is made up of senior, veterans’ and women’s elements.
The British League are seeking a press officer to manage the report writing of JBL competition in the 2016/17 season. Responsibilities include:
- Attendance at 2 x JBL weekends; 22nd/23rd October 2016 & 21st/22nd January 2017, both at Derby Arena.
- Publish all JBL previews and reports on British League website.
- Conduct player/coach interviews/soundbites at the event/over telephone.
- Live tweeting from British League twitter account on event days.
- Develop and utilise relationships with local media, inviting them to attend JBL events.
- Work closely with official event photographers, the British League committee and the Table Tennis England Senior Communications Officer.
- Keen interest in writing, media, reporting and journalism.
- Experience in reporting and writing, whether in education or work.
- Knowledge and understanding of table tennis rules and the clubs involved in the JBL.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Willingness to travel and work weekends.
- Ability to conduct short interviews.
- Good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word, Twitter, Facebook.
How to apply
Please go to the following link and complete your details, remembering to select this role.
A member of Table Tennis England or the British League will be in touch. Interviews may be required.*if required, in line with Table Tennis England volunteer sustenance guidelines.