THE FLORENCE BIRKBECK TROPHY AWARD
For previous winners please go to Roll of Honour page.
1. The above Trophy is to be awarded by the Colchester & District Table Tennis League annually at the end of the season to the Junior Boy or Girl adjudged to be the winner. The Trophy to be held by the winner for 12 months whereupon it will be returned into the custody of the Colchester & District Table Tennis League. The winner of the Trophy to have his/her name along with the year won engraved thereon. The award also includes the presentation of a Plaque for the winners permanent possession:-
a. The plaque in the form of a silver plate (approximately 110mm diameter) will be engraved with the following:-
COLCHESTER & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
THE FLORENCE BIRBECK JUNIOR TROPHY
plus the winners name and year won.
2. To be eligible for this Award the following prerequisite is required:- He or She must be a Junior in accordance with the rules of the Essex County Table Tennis Association.
3. Having complied with 2. above the following criteria should form the basis for the assessment by the "Award Committee" to enable them to arrive at the winner of this Award:-
Shows an interest in playing Table Tennis and keen to improve their ability.
4. The Award Committee shall consist of:- League President, Chairman, Junior, Coaching, and Tournament secretaries.
5. During the month of February in each year, nominations for the Award may be submitted to the League by any affiliated club.
6. Nominations made in-accordance with 5 above shall be submitted to the Secretary of the League giving reasons in support of the nomination. In addition, the Award Committee shall be entitled to consider nominations from the prior season.
7. The Award Committee shall not be bound to make the Award of necessity to a person nominated to them in accordance with the preceding articles, as the Award is solely at the discretion of the Award Committee.
8. These Regulations can only be amended by agreement of the League.