DARENTH TABLE TENNIS CLUB - SAFEGUARDING POLICY
The aim of this policy is to promote good practice by ensuring that all Darenth Table Tennis Club Members Officers and Committee Members will:-
- Be fully aware of their responsibilities with regard to safeguarding adults and children attending the club or its events
- Safeguard and promote the interests and wellbeing of the young people and adults within the club membership and those visiting the club
- Respond appropriately to all concerns
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of all young people and adults and take all reasonable and practical steps to protect them from harm, discrimination or abuse
- Be offered support to fulfil these responsibilities
Darenth Table Tennis Club believes in and seeks to uphold the following principles:-
- The welfare of the children and adults is paramount.
- All young people and adults have the right to protection from abuse regardless of their age, culture, disability, gender, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity.
- All allegations will be taken seriously and any reports of concerns will be dealt with promptly and sensitively ensuring all appropriate action is taken.
- The Officers and Committee Members of the Club recognise they have the responsibility to ensure that they act upon any concerns or allegations.
- Processes for dealing with all complaints and allegations are fair and open to challenge through the appeals process.
- The Club commits to support anyone who, in good faith, reports their concerns.
- Requires all Officers, Committee Members and Club Members to adopt and abide by the Club's Safeguarding practice.
Personal information will be treated in strict confidence, within the limits of the law, which requires that the Police, Children's Services, Adult Services and/or any other statutory agencies including the NSPCC be informed where there are concerns that a child or adult is at serious risk of harm or it is believed that a crime has been committed.
Darenth Table Tennis Club's Safeguarding Policy
Version 1 - 19/10/18