The 2018/2019 cup competitions will be contested as follows:
- All Division 1 teams
- Top three teams in Division 2 at the halfway stage
- All Division 3 teams
- Bottom three teams in Division 2 at the halfway stage
Division 2 fixtures played after the halfway stage have been stripped out:
Both competitions are to be played with a handicap system. Handicaps will be revised at the knockout stages.
The handicaps for 2018/2019 have been set as follows:
For instructions on how these are used and further rules, click here.
Format as follows:
- Two round robin groups of five.
- Two players per team per match. Five ties are to be played each match (two singles; one doubles and reverse singles). Each tie is played to the best-of-three sets (21-up).
- Top two from each group to play a cross-over semi-final.
- Groups to be decided by match wins. In the event of a tie, the results between the teams involved will be used to determine the placings. Countbacks between teams will be decided in the following order:
- Match wins
- Match score ratio (For/Against)
- Sets ratio (For/Against)
- Points ratio (For/Against)
- All ties to be played in the group stage for countback purposes.
- Knockouts to be played to a result i.e. first to win three ties.
- Substitutions are allowed:
- If a substitute is league or recreational member, they can play up to 6 times.
- If a substitute is a non-member, they can play up to 3 times.
- A substitute can only play for one team during the season. Matches include league fixtures as well.
- Substitutes cannot already be playing for a team in a higher division.
- Teams should note if a player is playing in the same cup competition.