The aim of the club is to provide a friendly and enjoyable experience to all participants; all members are expected to behave in a manner that contributes to this positive ethos.
The club believes that it is important that everyone associated with it should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Welfare Officer or Treasurer.
A first aid kit is available at the club venue but there may not be a qualified first aider present at all club activities.
Members are required to abide by the following club rules:
· Play within the spirit as well as within the letter of the laws of Table Tennis and respect opponents, officials and their decisions
· Recognise fair play and acknowledge good performances as well as good results
· Use appropriate language at all times
· Wear suitable non-marking indoor sports footwear, sports shirt, shorts/skirt/tracksuit bottoms – for coaching/playing sessions.
· Do not smoke on club premises
· Members are not allowed to consume alcohol on club premises or whilst representing the club
· The use of illegal/prohibited substances is not allowed on club premises, nor are members permitted to participate in club activities whilst under the influence of illegal/prohibited substances
· During open club sessions all members are encouraged to act as a 'practice partner' for the benefit of not so strong players
· Report to the Welfare Officer or any member of the committee incidents of abuse (including harassment, bullying, discrimination, assault or violence). Serious incidents may be reported to the English Table Tennis Association for consideration of disciplinary action
· Bring any medication that may be required and notify the person in charge of the session of any specific requirements
· Abide by club codes of conduct, equity and child protection policies
Members who fail to abide by the rules of the club may have their membership suspended or in serious cases rescinded.