2016/17 Town Championships
PHILIP HOWARD SCHOOL
The 2016/17 Glossop Town Table Tennis Championships will be held in the sports-hall at
Glossop Philip Howard School, on SUNDAY 22nd January 2017.
Play will take place on 8 quality tables, with warm-up commencing at 8.45am with play due to start at 9am and will finish on completion of the competitions.
The planned programme of events is similar to that which has been established in recent years. Full details are on the attached entry form. Key points are as follows:
- The Singles event can only consist of a maximum of 40 players (8 Groups of 5). These Group matches will be played at the start of the day and anyone not being available for this first session should not enter this event. The first 40 entries received will be entered into the competition with any remainder being placed on a “reserve” list in entry receipt order.
- This year the veteran’s competition will again be Over-50s only.
- The precise format of the Championships will be determined once entries have closed.
- All events will be completed on the day itself, (the Sports Hall has been booked for the full day).
- It is the responsibility of all players who are still in any event to be available until play is completed.
- The Singles event is only open to registered League players who satisfy the eligibility criteria as detailed in the handbook.
- It is hoped to give the 2nd and 3rd division players more games by playing the divisional competition in groups but that will depend on the number of entries.
- Players should be available to play from 9.00am. Any player holding up the tournament will forfeit their place in that event.
The entry form ( GTTL TC Entry Form 17.pdf ) to be returned to me at the address shown below by 24th December 2016, together with the appropriate fees. Due to an anticipated high response, it is essential that the above deadline is adhered to.
I hope you will support the Championships this year and if you have any queries please contact me on 07708642580 or 0161-785-5292(work).
20 Harmol Grove