Can you give some time to support PING! Blackpool as a PING! volunteer?
PING! is coming back to Blackpool this summer! with 29 table tennis tables placed in a wide variety of locations throughout the town.
We are looking for volunteer PING! Makers who can assist in a variety of roles for a few weeks during the festival, which runs from 31st July until 30 Sept.
PING! Blackpool would like to invite you to attend a volunteer evening on Thursday 7th June at Blackpool Sports Centre, West Park Drive, Blackpool FY3 9HQ 6:30pm to 8:30pm, so we can give you further information about the festival, and let you know how you can get involved.
We are looking for volunteers who can assist in a wide variety of roles and help promote table tennis within the town. No previous experience or specific table tennis knowledge is required.
Example roles include:
- Minding some outdoor tables near to you in the town, ensuring bats and balls are available to use.
- Liaising with a local table minder, who looks after the table and bats and balls.
- Helping to promote table locations throughout the town.
- Promoting play on opportunities, organisations and clubs where people can play.
- Helping to give some basic tips and advice to those taking part.
- Giving us some feedback on how popular the tables are.
- Attending events with the PING! Blackpool team.
Volunteers will receive: training, equipment to place with the tables, a PING Blackpool T shirt, and be kept up to date on how they can support the festival. Please note that volunteers must be over the age of 18. Help Needed – Ping! Blackpool Poster
To register your attendance please email either of the following contacts by 1st June:
- Shelly Woods, PING! Blackpool Activator
Follow all the Ping! Blackpool activity on: