· We have 27 teams in the league this season, which is a reduction of 1 on last year. This includes 1 new club (Kings), but the loss of Breakaway, Foxdale and Zurich Spinners.
· The format of the coming season will consist of the established League format of 3 divisions of varying sizes
· We are also introducing 2 new events which will add variety to our programme and respond to some of the identified development objectives that need to be addressed. We hope these will be well received.
· As previously communicated we are maintaining the match-night format introduced last year with 2 phases of fixtures, each played on 2 tables with start times of 6-40pm and 8-15pm
· Division 1 – will consist of 6 teams playing each other 3 times (15 league fixtures per team), plus each team will be part of the new “Division 1 Grand Prix” held over 3 weeks during the season making a total of 18 weeks fixtures
· Division 2 – 11 teams playing each other twice (20 league fixtures per team)
· Division 3 – 10 teams playing each other twice (18 league fixtures per team)
· 1 team will be relegated/promoted between D1 and D2 and 2 teams relegated/promoted between D2 and D3 at the end of the season, subject to the entries received for the 2016/17 season
· All clubs will be part of the new regional “Super 6’s” competition to be held in early 2016 over 5 weeks which will provide a further 4 weeks of fixtures each
· Details of the playing programme, divisional composition and an outline of the 2 new events (“D1 Grand Prix” and Regional “Super 6’s”) are on the attached plan IOM tt planning 15_16 final.pdf. More details will follow in due course and will be published on the website
· Fixtures will commence on Wednesday 16th September 2015 and the programme will complete on Wednesday 27th April 2016
· There will be 22 weeks of scheduled league fixtures (including D1 Grand Prix) plus 5 weeks of the Super 6’s tournament, so there will be fewer weeks without fixtures than last year
· No league fixtures will be held during the school holidays at half-term, Christmas and Easter
· Fun Doubles and Hard Bat tournaments will be held during the October and February half-terms
· Divisional championships will be held on a single Saturday in November
IOMTTA Match Secretary