Torbay Team Tag Table Tennis Tournament
Sunday 3rd January 2016
Torbay Leisure Centre
10am – mid-afternoon
Charge: £10 per team
This is to introduce an exciting new concept for team table tennis: The “6-Ts”!
It is aimed to incorporate a level of team tactics into matches whereby teams consisting of two or more players will nominate players to begin and when strategically necessary, nominate players of the same team to “take-over” (or “tag”) mid-game. It will involve a level of real-time game awareness, player assessment and selection skills as games commence and develop. The basic concept is as follows:
· Teams are to consist of two or more players;
· Teams are to compete in divisions of five or six teams of similar standard;
· Teams are to play one match of five sets against all other teams in their division;
· All sets are to be played and each set will be worth one point;
· Teams with the highest point total will win their division.
But here’s the twist….
· Players must be changed or “tagged” during the course of each game;
· Strategic tagging will win sets and score points;
· Teams may tag more than once during a game, but not more than once per set;
· A system will be in place to prevent teams knowing who will commence the games.
Trophies will be awarded to all division winners!
The intention is to make this an annual event open to all junior and senior players within Devon.
An entry system will be put into place shortly, but if you think this will be of interest to you and some team mates, please let me know ASAP so we can gauge interest within the South Devon and Torbay Table Tennis League and other leagues in Devon. The idea has already been aired at the Devon TT meeting last week and was met with great enthusiasm.
Many thanks… Alan Maynard.