As noted in the minutes of the Council meeting, I have now taken over from Mark Ashburn as Press Officer. I have made contact with the Westmorland Gazette and they are more than happy to feature our reports/tables etc along with human interest stories/details of future events etc. We urgently need to raise our profile and to start getting more people playing table tennis & ultimately playing competitively for our clubs. I am looking to submit a weekly report on a Monday, commencing on Oct 9th, so please feel free to email me any or all of the following:
· A short report on any of your matches which were interesting, exciting or noteworthy.
· Details of any individual or team successes by any player (junior or senior) in the Kendal & District area.
· Details of any forthcoming events you may want publicising.
· Details of any player picked to represent a school team, regional team, county team etc.
· Details of your open club nights, if you’d like them publicising.
· An article about your club.
· Etc, etc.