The Annual Junior Tournament for the 2017 - 2018 season will be held on Friday 29th December.
You can download the entry form here -
This year’s Junior Tournament will be held at Kendal Leisure Centre on Friday 29th December from 10.00 till 4.00.
There will be a £5 entry fee payable with your entry. You must have been born on or after 1st January 2003 to be eligible to play. Entries MUST be received by Carol Catnach by Friday 22nd December or the entry will not be accepted.
This day has always been great fun and played in good spirit. You can enter up to three events which gives you the opportunity to play lots of competitive table tennis. Please do not think you should not enter unless you are one of the League’s top players. Most of the singles events will be played on a round robin basis and the Jugend von Kendal event is a handicap event so you will get plenty of opportunity to play regardless of your standard.
There will be awards for the winner and runner up in each event presented at the end of the day.
We hope you will take this opportunity to enter and gain the benefit of some competitive table tennis. There is nothing like playing players of a similar or higher standard to improve your game.
We look forward to seeing you then.
Roger Pimblett – Junior SecretaryCarol Catnach
1. No entries will be accepted after the draw has been made.
2. The referee reserves the right to cancel or amend any event.
3. The draw will take place shortly after the closing date for entries.
4. You will be informed by email or by return post of the time of your first match. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before this. A schedule of play will be available on the morning of the tournament.
5. MOST singles competitions will be played in groups. Doubles and handicap singles will be played as a knock out competition.
6. Draw sheet and results will be displayed in the Hall. These will be kept as up to date as possible.
7. Spectators are welcome.
8. All finals of Junior Events will be played on the day.
1. Every entrant must be a member of the Kendal and District Table Tennis League or be a bona fide club member.
2. Players may enter a maximum of 3 events.
3. Most matches will be played up to 3 games. All games will be played to 11 points.
4. All competitors will be required to umpire matches.
5. Competitors must report to Control on arrival and should not leave the hall without first obtaining permission from the Referee. Players absent when called upon to play are liable to be scratched.
6. Please conform to ETTA Regulations regarding dress (dark t-shirt), bat covering, conduct etc.