KIngfisher’s 2015 Grand Prix season got off to a swinging start with 21 entrants vying for the points on offer.
In the semi-Finals Hari Gehlot overcame Yeqin Zeng in a tight 4 setter whilst Krassi Ivanov comfortably beat George Milovanovic in three games.
Hari came out the winner in a well contested final against Krassi in four to take the lead in the overall competition.
Djordje Milovanovic bt Rick Leachman -4,4,4,7
Richard Rosinski bt Joe Barraclough 9,7,1
Krassi Ivanov bt David Joyce 2,7,10
Nils Wedi bt David Gostelow 10,8,8
Yeqin Zeng bt John Upham 11,6,8
Colin Dyke bt Allen Pack 8,8 -6,9
Hari Gehlot bt Roger Woolven-Allen 4,6,3
Steve Miller bt John Liddle 4,4,4
Djordje Milovanovic bt Richard Rosinski bt 9,8,7
Krassi Ivanov bt Nils Wedi 5,3,6
Yeqin Zeng bt Colin Dyke 8,7,6
Hari Gehlot bt Steve Miller 2,9,8
Krassi Ivanov bt Djordje Milovanovic 4,5,4
Hari Gehlot bt Yeqin Zeng -11,5,9,8
Hari Gehlot bt Krassi Ivanov 5,-9,4,9
David Joyce bt Melvyn Lovegrove 8,11,12
Jean-Noël Thepaut bt Rick Leachman 4,3,3
Jean-Noël Thepaut bt David Joyce 4,6,2
For more photos of the event, view our Gallery.
· Entrants must register on the night by 7:30pm.
· 50p entry fee per week payable on the night.
· Straight knock out competition with a random draw each round.
· Consolation event for first match losers, so everyone is guaranteed at least two matches.
· Points system for both winners and losers.
· Weekly league tables and regular write-ups.
· Losing players to umpire.
· Prizes for various categories of members.
· Friendly atmosphere with nibbles for all.