BOOKING A TABLE, Draft – Revised 10th Oct
As we return to the sport, there is a great deal of work being done behind the scenes to ensure your safe return to our club.
Possibly the biggest change/challenge to our club will be the necessity to book tables to enable us to control numbers and ensure social distancing. Hopefully the booking of tables won’t be with us for long as our club thrives on the relaxed, social atmosphere and the ability to play anytime, with anybody, for as long as you like.
Our Friday evening club night will initially be split into three, one hour sessions: 18:30-19:30, 19:40-20:40 and 20:50-21:50, with cleaning taking place between sessions. We are expecting 6 tables will be available to book for normal practice sessions while a 7th table will be available for a coaching bubble.
The Saturday morning session will be a single two hour session: 9:30-11:30 with the same set up of tables as the Friday session. As Saturday mornings have always been quieter this session, while staying within Covid guidelines, will be more relaxed and you can expect more table time than a Friday night. Walk-ins will be permitted but it is recommended you book as access will be denied if we reach capacity.
The online booking system i was hoping to use is not very suitable and was difficult to access so i will be taking bookings by email. The booking sheet for each week will be visible on our website and amended as bookings are added during the week leading up to the Weekend
Before booking a table please consider the following:
- You are booking your place on a table for the session times selected. This may be against an individual but it is likely (on a Friday night) you will be placed in a bubble of up to 6 players. Please inform me of any specific requirements ie opponents you would like to play or partake in your bubble.
- You will only be able to play against players in your bubble for the whole of your evening/morning.
- On Fridays you may select a second session on the same night, your second session will be in a bubble of up to 6 players which will include your first session opponent(s), we will endeavour to create bubbles of similar abilities.
- You MUST have the correct money to deposit in the cash box on arrival, no change can be given. FRIDAY NIGHT - A single one-hour session will initially be £3 for adults and £2 for juniors. Two sessions on the same night will be £5 for adults and £3 for juniors. If tables are available there will be no charge if you wish to play a third session. SATURDAY MORNINGS - Session Fee £4 adults, £3 juniors. You may block book Saturday sessions with 4 consecutive sessions for the price of 3.
- Making a booking means you accept and agree to abide by the club’s code of conduct (Principles of return). A copy MUST be signed prior to your return to play. These forms will be available on the check in desk.
- On Fridays, initially, i will not be taking a regular block booking of several weeks to try and give everyone a chance of booking a session. Those playing on a Friday may book the following Friday during the evening.
THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF ALL MEMBERS IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE
You MUST read and adhere to the Code of Conduct sent to all members. Making a booking is taken as acceptance of the Code of Conduct and that you will follow it rigidly.
As stated in the Code of Conduct you must ensure you keep all your possessions in a bag at all times, with the exception of your bat while playing.
You are requested to bring your own sanitizer and observe good hygiene practices.
Social distancing must be observed in accordance with the latest restrictions.
It is requested that, unless it is really necessary, parents should not enter the building when delivering and collecting their children.
Masks should be worn during arrival and the booking in process