Senior Shield Final
CV Owls v. Downton
Tigers Shield Final
Woodford Stoats v Breamore Otters
Senior Shield Semi-finals
Redlynch Ravens v. CV Owls
Downton - 5 CV Falcons - 3
Tigers Shield Semi-finals
SN Tigers - 4 Woodford Stoats - 5
Breamore Foxes - 3 Breamore Otters - 5
SENIOR SHIELD 2016/2017
Home Team Away Team
CV Kites - 4 Redlynch Ravens - 5
SN Cougars - 0 CV Owls - 5
Downton - 5 Winterslow Jupiter - 1
CV Falcons - 5 Breamore Badgers - 1
TIGERS SHIELD 2016/2017
Home Team Away Team
SN Tigers - 5 Redlynch Rhinos - 3
Woodford Stoats - 5 CV Eagles - 2
Breamore Foxes v. Bye
Breamore Otters - 5 Redlynch Rooks - 1
Home Team Captain please contact your opposing captain to confirm date to be played. All scorecards to be sent to David Chalk within twenty-four hours, or emailed with copies to Gill & Malcolm.
First round to be played before or during week commencing Monday, 7th November 2016
Semi Final to be played before or during week commencing Monday, 23rd January, 2017.
Final to be played before or during week commencing Monday 27th March, 2017.
NB A player may only play for one team for the duration of the Shield competitions – the Senior and Tigers Shield counted as one competition for the purpose of this rule.
1. A match shall consist of nine sets, 6 singles and 3 doubles, each set being the best of 5 games. The result of the match shall be decided by the number of sets won. The losing team may concede, but otherwise the match shall be played out.
2. Prior to the start of the match, each captain shall complete a team selection form which indicates which player will play as number 1 etc. Once a captain has seen the opposing team’s form, he cannot change the order of his team.
3. The order of play shall be: (home team player first)
2v1, 3v3, 1v2, 2&3 v 2&3, 3&1 v 3&1, 1&2 v 1&2, 2v3, 1v1, 3v2.
4. If one team lacks a third player, the 4 sets he/she would have played shall be conceded to the other team.
5. If both teams lack a third player the match will consist of 5 sets – 4 singles and 1 double. The order of play shall be:
Doubles, 2v1, 1v2, 2v2, 1v1.