TOWCESTER & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
MINUTES OF AGM HELD ON TUESDAY 21st JUNE 2016 IN ROTHERSTHORPE VILLAGE HALL
Present: Tony Woodward (chair), Rod Barr, Gareth Clarke, Veronica Downing, Nick Howard, Dave Hyde, Alan Johnson, Peter Kent, Mike Perry, Martin Pringuer, Ray Wood.
(All clubs represented except disbanded Wappenham and Neil Colby had sent his thanks to all team secretaries for their assistance throughout the season).
Apologies: Ian Brown, Neil Colby, Eddie Dennis, Iain Lindsay, Trevor Ore, Fred Wakefield.
Matters arising from last AGM/committee meeting:
- Website showing incomplete Division Two table (result of YG Eagles withdrawal) – it was agreed to take no further action.
- Minutes of May committee meeting and 2015 AGM signed.
President’s Address: Attached to these minutes.
Chairman’s Report: Tony confirmed he was standing down after 3 years and he thanked all those people who had put so much effort into the many league events and roles. Rod replied and thanked Tony for his chairmanship and especially for making the Presentation Evening a continued success.
Treasurer’s Report: Peter presented the accounts which showed very little variance from the previous year. Balance carried forward £2,860.76. It was agreed that team fees for next season should remain at £30.
Secretary’s Report: Rod commented on lots of communication with clubs and players, directly or via increased information posted to the website.
Presentation Evening Report: Tony had organised another very successful event, with a surplus of £131. The meeting reiterated thanks for his sterling efforts on the end-of-year event.
- A discussion was prompted to encourage clubs to think about their teams for next season. Daventry, Rothersthorpe and Towcester detailed their closed season coaching/practice activities.
- Ray’s advert had generated several enquiries which Rod had passed to the appropriate clubs.
Election of Officers: All officers had expressed willingness to continue in their roles and were re-elected en bloc with the following exceptions –
- Nick Howard was proposed, seconded and confirmed as Chairman.
- Mike Perry was proposed, seconded and confirmed as Handicap Cup Secretary.
- Trevor Ore had expressed doubts whether he would be able to continue as Fixtures Secretary.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday 16th August 2016, 7.45pm in Rothersthorpe Village Hall. Gareth to book. Rod to circulate team registration forms for return by this meeting - all club secretaries to ensure they have confirmed their team entries in advance.
Meeting concluded at 9.35pm.