TOWCESTER & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 22nd MARCH 2016 IN ROTHERSTHORPE VILLAGE HALL
Present: Tony Woodward (chair), Rod Barr, Gareth Clarke, Dave Hyde, Peter Kent, Iain Lindsay, Mike Perry, Alan Thompson, Peter Trunk, Fred Wakefield, Ray Wood.
Gayton club not represented and therefore liable to £5 fine as per Rule 4c.
Apologies for absence: Martin Pringuer.
Matters arising from February meeting:
- Veronica had sent off league cheque in memory of Jane McCarthy.
- Tony to deliver re-named Div Three trophy to Veronica.
Peter reported funds available of £3,010.55.
No major issues except previously discussed YG Eagles in Div. Two. Div. Three completed and Div. One almost complete.
- Competition still progressing very well, Round Three match results had been analysed and reported on the website. Semi Finals to be played w/c 11th April, Rod to review handicaps.
- Mike commented that should Towcester C reach the Final, they would be unable to field their normal side on the given date because of holidays.
- It was suggested that with teams from all divisions playing each other, the senior players should be setting a good example in terms of serving legality, especially when playing juniors. All clubs to be responsible and reinforce this message next season.
Annual Tournament: Monday 18th & Friday 22nd April, Finals Night Monday 25th April - all at Bugbrooke. Dave to chase up all practical arrangements, Rod to liaise with Ian Brown re. entries, etc.
Vic Fisher Doubles: A reduced entry of 18 this year but still successfully run at Yardley Gobion. Report on website.
Gerald Furniss Event: Awaiting dates and confirmation from Martin.
Presentation Evening: Saturday, 11th June and start time agreed as 7.30pm for 8pm. Tony to issue forms in due course.
County Report: The new County TT365 website is up and running and a County/National ranking list will be operative before the start of the new season. The next County meeting is on Wednesday 13th April and the AGM on 18th May.
Next meeting: The AGM on Tuesday 21st June at 7.45pm in Rothersthorpe Village Hall. Gareth to book.
- A new Chairman would be sought for next season as Tony was intending to step down.
- Rod was still in contact with a potential new club at Westbury Village Hall, near Brackley.
Meeting closed at 8.45pm.