TOWCESTER & DISTRICT TABLE TENNIS LEAGUE
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 11TH JANUARY 2018 IN ROTHERSTHORPE VILLAGE HALL
Present: Peter Kent (chairman), Rod Barr, Dave Hyde, Iain Lindsay, Mike Perry, Bob Read, Alan Thompson, Ray Wood, Tony Woodward.
All clubs represented (Rothersthorpe included as home match in progress.).
Apologies for absence: Fred Wakefield.
Matters arising from last meeting:
- Last season’s accounts still to be audited – the November meeting had agreed this should be finalised before the end of 2017. Peter to take all papers to Dave by next weekend.
- Presentation Evening 2nd June – booked by Mike but organizer required to liaise with venue over menu, circulate ticket information, organize seating plan, order/arrange engraving of trophies, organize raffle. Peter volunteered to lead on this (Rod would assist with forms/publicity and Tony advise on trophies.)
Treasurer’s Report: Mike reported funds of £2635.00
Divisional Progress Reports:
- Div. One – although not requesting postponements themselves, most of Daventry Aces’ scheduled matches to date had been postponed by opponents and this was now causing the club significant difficulty. Iain said the revised rules on postponements had confused the issue – specifically over who the defaulting team was. It was acknowledged that greater clarity could be achieved although the rules still clearly state the allowance is a maximum of two postponements per team. The meeting agreed that no penalties would be levied, though a match concession by Gayton A (29 November v Aces) would be recorded as 10-0 to Aces. Other outstanding results –
- 12 October Daventry Aces v Gayton A (Aces to offer 3 dates to Gayton),
- 16 October Bugbrooke A v Aces,
- 14 December Aces v Bugbrooke A,
- 15 December Towcester A v Gayton A.
- Div. Two outstanding results –
- 15 Nov Daventry Cees v Bugbrooke B (rearranged for next week),
- 17 November Towcester D v Gayton B,
- 13 December Daventry Cees v Bugbrooke C,
- 15 December Towcester D v Bugbrooke B,
- 22 December Towcester C v Gayton B.
- Div. Three – Dave reported all matches played up to Christmas.
Handicap Cup: Mike reported on the Round One matches and Rod had uploaded reports to the website.
Vic Fisher Memorial Doubles: Ray agreed that Yardley would host once again and look to stage on 27 February in Cup week 3. He would circulate entry forms in due course.
Annual Closed Tournament: Monday 16 & Tuesday 17 April with Finals on Monday 23 April. Dave confirmed the same venue arrangements as last year. Ian to organize once again and considerations would include whether age events with less than 4 entrants should go ahead and how scheduling of events could beneficially limit the number of days people have to attend.
Dates for Gerald Furniss tournament and AGM: Towcester representatives agreed their club would again stage this on Fridays at the end of the season. AGM to be on Tuesday 19 June.
County/National Report: Nothing to report.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 20 March (no scheduled matches.)
AOB: Bob queried the eligibility of new Daventry players (who may not have played many league matches) into league tournaments and it was confirmed that all registered players were eligible, the only restriction being in Rule 11a.
Meeting closed at 9.16 pm.