LEAGUE TEAM HANDICAP CUP COMPETITION 2018 -2019
The competition continues as per last season’s format.
The Handicap Cup First Round (w/c 5 November) will involve all teams, seeded 1 to 30, based on league positions (from the top of division 1 to the bottom of division 3) at the time the draw is made. The matches will consist of 1 v 16 / 2 v 17 / 3 v 18 / 4 v 19 / 5 v 20 / 6 v 21 / 7 v 22 / 8 v 23 / 9 v 24 / 10 v 25 / 11 v 26 / 12 v 27 / 13 v 28 / 14 v 29
/ 15 v 30. A draw will be performed to determine the home and away teams for each fixture. The lesser ranked team will receive 161.25 points (15 league positions x 10.75) handicap in ALL matches – except see note below. The draw for this round will be based on the league tables after the w/c 22 October round of matches.
Next, the Handicap Cup Second Round (w/c 26 November) will involve 14 of the winning teams from above drawn at random, with a maximum handicap equivalent to a 26 league position differential. The handicap for the lower ranked team will be 10.75 points per league position. Similarly, the Handicap ‘Plate’ First Round will involve 14 of the losing teams from above drawn at random. The losing teams from this round are eliminated. The remaining two teams from the First Round – one winner and one loser – have byes.
This leaves 8 winning teams and 8 losing teams who will progress to the Handicap Cup Quarter Finals and Handicap ‘Plate’ Quarter Finals (w/c 21 January), matches to be drawn at random, with a maximum handicap equivalent to a 26 league position differential. The handicap for the lower ranked team will be 10.75 points per league position.
The 4 winning teams from each competiton will then progress to the Semi Finals (w/c 25 February).
Note that matches will be re-drawn as necessary in the event of venue clashes, and that handicaps may be adjusted as considered appropriate by the competition organisers, whose decision is final.
1. Qualification to play is to be registered with a team in the league.
2. Reserve players are allowed as per league rule 26 – note that in division 3, players cannot play for another team in their own division.
3. Matches to be played over 9 sets of singles – there is NO DOUBLES – each set will be of 4 games, played to 11 up or a deuce finish.
4. Matches and team handicaps will be confirmed prior to each round of the competition.
5. The winner is the team which scores the highest total points from the sum of the points scored in all the games plus the team handicap. In the event of a tie – the away team is deemed the winner.
6. Matches are to be played during the weeks designated, on the home teams usual match night.
7. Within 3 days, the WINNING TEAM to e-mail the scorecard to the results secretary, David Mawdesley.
8. In the event of any issues, contact Steve Carnaby.
9. If the results do not arrive on time, or in the event of a dispute, the Executive Committee will determine the outcome.