1. These competitions shall be run on a Knock - Out basis and entry shall be restricted to clubs Registered with the K. & D.T.T.L.
2. The Vice President cup competition shall be open to all teams in divisions 1 & 2. The Regent Cup competition shall be open to all teams below division 2.
3. Every team shall be entered in the competition unless they inform the secretary otherwise.
4. A separate draw will be made for each round, and in each case the team drawn first will be the home team. (This may only be varied by mutual agreement between the two teams concerned).
5. Matches will be played on a normal match night of the home team, during the appropriate week for which the round is scheduled-any variation of this procedure (e.g. as specified in the league circular) will mean that the team shall contact their opponents within the period stated to offer to agree a date for the match to be played. Immediate notice must be given to the opposing team if either team has difficulty in keeping a fixture and a fresh date arranged mutually for the match. Home sides must advise any requirements such as early starts or use of more than one table to away sides when agreeing match days. If an alternative date cannot be agreed the full circumstances must be reported to the League Secretary and the Management Committee shall have the power to scratch either or both teams.
6. The Finals Shall be played at a venue decided by the committee.
7. Each match will consist of nine singles. (Played in accordance to league matches). No doubles are played in Knock-out Competitions
8. If a team fails to turn up for a fixture without having previously advised their opponents, the match shall be awarded to the opposing team.
9. Only players registered by the date of the first round draws of each competition shall be eligible to play, except by the discretion of the Management Committee.
10. Players shall not at any time in the competition be eligible to for a team lower than the one for which they are registered in the league. They may play for a higher team but these matches will count towards the maximum referred to in league rules 17 (d). They may not play for a team in the same division. Only one player per match may play for a team in a high division he/she becomes "cup tied" and may not play again in this competition for the Team which he/she is registered.
11. When a team cannot field a full team, it shall forfeit the games not played.
12. The decision of the Management Committee on any point arising shall be final.