Divisional Shield 2022 (Handicapped, teams of two, played on a Sunday at a central venue)
This event is usually held on a Sunday in January at Dallam School Sports Hall. However Dallam is not available this year, so the event will be held as follows:
Div 1 Shield: Sunday 23 Jan 2022, Burton Memorial Hall, 09.00 to 15.00.
Div 2 Shield: Sunday 30 Jan 2022, Natland and Oxenholme Village Hall, 09.00 to 15.00
Could all team captains please let me know asap how many teams you will be entering, bearing in mind that it is teams of two players minimum (up to two extra can play in the doubles if desired). Since teams paid to enter in 2019-20, but the event was cancelled, Div Shield entry this year is free.
Best wishes, Mick Taylor email@example.com, 07743 579222
Rules for Divisional Shield Competition
1. The entry shall be £4 per team. FREE 2022.
2. In the 1st Round, the first named team is the home team.
3. 8 teams compete in 2 groups of 4, with the group winners meeting in the Final.
4. Each team consists of 2 players, who may be changed each match.
5. A player may only represent one team in the Competition
6. A team may only play any player who is registered in that Division. In the event of a genuine emergency (such as a last minute injury and no-one genuinely able to step in) then a player from a lower division will be allowed to play up if permission is given by the Match Secretary. However, that player must not play with a handicap lower than the lowest handicap given to any player in the higher division. For example, Player X, a Div 2 player on a handicap of +2, wishes to play up for a Div 1 team. The lowest handicap for players registered in Div 1 is -1, so player X must adopt this handicap throughout the Divisional Shield competition.
7. The Competition shall be played in accordance with League Rules, except : - i) only 3 games are played in each set, not best of 5 ii) all games are played to 11, no deuce.
8. Each tie consists of 5 sets :- A v X, B v Y, A v Y, B v X plus 1 doubles
9. The handicap for each match shall be determined as follows. Before the match starts, the handicaps for both players in each team are totalled separately, and the small total taken from the larger. The result is then multiplied by 7 ½ and this total is added to the final points score of the weaker team.
10. The Handicaps for individuals shall be decided by the Handicap Committee.
11. The scores for each game are entered on a special score sheet and the points totalled at the end of the 5 sets. The team with the most points is the winning team. If teams finish level on points :-
i)In the 1st Round, the away team, will be declared the winners.
ii)In the group of 4 teams, in the event of 2 teams winning an equal number of matches, the winners of the head to head match shall be declared the winners.
iii)In the event of 3 teams winning an equal number of matches, the team with the highest points difference shall be declared the winner.
iv)In the final, if the teams finish level on points, the winners shall be those who won most of the 15 games played.