Codes of Conduct / Principles of Return
As a result of COVID-19, Newton Abbot Table Tennis Club have updated our Codes of Conduct to ensure that a return to play is safe and in accordance with Table Tennis England and Government Guidelines.
Your welfare, and the welfare of fellow club members is paramount. Please note that it is the responsibility of all members of Newton Abbot Table Tennis Club to ensure that the following principles are followed;
- If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or any of your household are self-isolating, you must stay at home and not use our facilities.
- If you wish to play, you must book your place at a session in advance, either on the club website or by email: email@example.com (It is recommended that you book a table with an opponent for your first session. However, it may be necessary, if it is busy, to place you in a ‘bubble’ of 6 players of similar abilities. If you require a second session it will be as part of that bubble)
- You will only be allowed to play opponents from within your own bubble throughout the evening.
- When you register at your first session you must: confirm your name, give contact details for the NHS test and trace system, and sign the Code of Conduct form, agreeing to abide by these rules.
- Due to limited space and the difficulties in social distancing, we are asking parents to please not enter the premises when dropping off or collecting their children. If you need to speak to the organiser, you may enter briefly, so long as hygiene protocols are undertaken.
- You must register on arrival each week so that we can keep a track of who has visited the Club.
- You must have the correct money for the session which you will feed into a secure box, no change will be given.
- You must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Members must adhere to good hygiene practices throughout their time at the Club.
- Equipment cannot be shared within a session. Players should bring their own bats, and any equipment belonging to the Club must be cleaned after use.
- Balls should be cleaned regularly to minimise risk.
- Any balls entering your court must be kicked / hit back to the court they originated from.
- Table tennis etiquette which requires contact (shaking / slapping hands etc) must be suspended for the time being.
- There must be a minimum ten-minute break when players using the same table are swapping over.
- Players must wipe down their side of the table upon finishing their session. A spray and paper towel will be provided.
- Proper hand washing with soap (or hand sanitiser as a second best) should occur before and after any activity at the club.
- Members must bring their own drinks bottles and towel, which are brought in and taken away after every session. These must be kept in a bag.
Newton Abbot Table Tennis Club is committed to the safety and welfare of its members. As such, we will take the following measures:
- We will keep members updated with changes in processes or protocol relating to Club activity
- We will set up the tables in a safe environment in accordance with current TTE guidelines
- We will keep communal areas closed where possible until restrictions are further lifted
- We will implement a booking system to limit the numbers attending sessions, to enable social distancing.
- We will organise bubbles of between 2-6 players of similar abilities to enable a variety of opponents. You may not play players outside your bubble. We will provide information on good hygiene practices.
- We will ensure our Coaches are equipped with the necessary knowledge to deliver coaching in accordance with Government and Table Tennis England Guidelines
- We will do our best to keep up to date with Table Tennis England Ready to Return Guidance, and Government advice
- We will make decisions based on the best interest of our membership
- We will regularly review and update our risk assessment relating to COVID-19.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO AGREE TO THE ABOVE BEFORE YOUR FIRST SESSION
IF WITHIN 14 DAYS OF ATTENDING A SESSION YOU ARE DIAGNOSED POSITIVE YOU MUST CONTACT THE HYGIENE OFFICER,
TONY HALSE 01626 852007 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I CAN CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE CODES OF CONDUCT / PRINCIPLES OF RETURN.
MEMBER’S NAME: ____________________________________________________________________
MEMBER’S SIGNATURE: _______________________________________________________________
(NHS - TEST AND TRACE) CONTACT TEL NO: ____________________________________________